Action Figures Bridge the Gap between the Present and the Past

As a child I spent countless hours collecting and playing with action figures of all shapes, sizes, and characters. My favorite by far were my Star Wars action figures but I spent many hours playing with G. I. Joe, Transformers, Masters of the Universe. There are so many of them, and they were such a vital part of my childhood experience that I couldn’t really begrudge my sons love of those very same things.

His current collection is of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle™ action figures. He is also starting a nice collection of matchbox cars, but he really loves his Ninja Turtles. For a while he was seriously interested in light sabers from Star Wars. I was so excited hoping I could share my old love for my Star Wars action figures with him, but his interest stopped at the light sabers and he never really got into those action figures that were once so special to me.

Ah well, I still have two daughters; perhaps one of them will love those as much as I once did. The real beauty of action figures is that you can keep them and share them with your children, you can sell them, or you can consider them as an investment. However you look at your action figure collection, don’t underestimate the many hours of fun they can provide your children. The right set of action figures can ignite their imaginations and keep them occupied for endless hours on those rainy summer days.

If you wonder about whether or not action figures are good toys for children to have, think back to your childhood and how these action figures enabled you to use your imagination and creativity. Think of the endless hours of fun you had with these awesome toys and how you could share these toys with your friends and double the fun. I know that I feel any toy that helps children use their imaginations is a good toy for them to have.

No comments: